1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Julie Pics

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by CichlidStorm, Dec 9, 2009.

1. CichlidStorm

CichlidStorm Thread Starter Member

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Those are odd looking but I like them! I actually really like them...

3. CichlidStorm

lol
    Lake Tanganyika shell dwellers, they are a dwarf reaching only about 3". Very prolific and fun to have, can be kept as a pair in a 10 gallon tank, will spawn and rear fry in there also.

4. LemonDiscus

I have no room for even 1 more fish that isnt a discus or wont go in my display tank... I have a house full of Discus and not enough tanks really for what I want to do with them...

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Shellies, or any tang for that matter, aren't really my thing but I must say that is a pretty fish :)

6. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

they do look a little strange/different....but i too like them as well.

7. CichlidStorm

Lemon, to be honest, these are docile enough to be housed with discus, just don't believe they can handle the water differences. At 3" they remain small, and are protective of the fry, but not aggressive, despite what may be read about them. I have bred this pair, with a trio of Multifasciatus, and a pair of Chalinochromis Ndobi in a 10 gallon tank, all together. No aggression. The nice part is, they generally breed all around the same time of the month, so the fry is simply protected by 3 species of parents

8. LemonDiscus

I dont think they will because of the water parameters. Also, many fish even docile I have found like to bother the discus.

I had rams at one point and they are just plain stupid! They kept picking on my larger and more dominant discus... Needless to say the discus quickly got irritated them and whacked them into the glass with their tail. Most of the rams never made it.... I took my last one back to the LFS after watching it go through this...

The temps I run at break fish down FAST and the acidic/soft water I think is opposite of Tang water...

9. CichlidStorm

I keep mine in 7.5..though too high for discus, I don't honestly think they would bother them....BUT whats one more little eentsy weentsy 10 gallon tank for a couple julies....lol

10. LemonDiscus

I tried a separate tank for endlers.... didnt work too well... I had angels... gave up on them... You have NO idea how much time discus want from you! :)

They end up getting all of my attention and everything else gets neglected (sometimes even my wife! :) )

11. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Poor wife :) didnt you have lizzards too ?

12. CichlidStorm

well the wife doesn't have to be fed, or her water changed, or even her filter pads, they do all that on their own...lol Self Sufficient Fish :D

13. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

14. LemonDiscus

:) Agreed!

15. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

Were did you all find these wives, mine can't even make coffee without moral support and two pages of illustrated instructions

Rick

16. LemonDiscus

Bahahaha!!!! Ok... well... :)

Mine cant cook! I can expect if she cooks burnt porkchops (which I say are good), Mac and Cheese that is overcooked, or Spaghetti... well... the spaghetti is good...

She doesnt understand how to read recipes and demands moral support and "personal instructions" lmao!

17. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Give her the support. If not you will pay for it.... You are married so of course you already know this.... :)

18. LemonDiscus

Ive paid for saying "I do!" (I didnt say that out loud did I?) :)

19. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

Me too, wifey was a professional student for the first 10 years we were together.

Rick

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hey, you boys knew what you were getting into.
    No pity handed out here.
    At least I was upfront with my husband and told him flat out..I don't do laundry, but will clean...and cook only if I absolutey have to.
    Haha!
    Mine cooks & does the laundry...he's a good boy!