1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by stephaniebray, Sep 8, 2009.

1. stephaniebray

stephaniebray Thread Starter New Member

I was just curious. All of you guys that have fish fry, what do you do with them? I have two convicts a male and a female, and if they ever do have babies, what do I do with them once they have grown a little?

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Sell on Craigslist or trade at a LFS (local fish store)... It HAS to be a small business and you HAVE to be realistic... (your fish have to be sale size and expect only 1/4 - 1/3 the sale price at the pet store for what you have as you become the "wholesaler" without shipping)

And of course if you have 100 sale size fish... you are NOT gonna sell/trade but AT MAX 20 to your LFS... Remember they wont take what they cant move themselves!

3. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

And some livestock you just can't sell

Rick

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

agree fully... you pay more into feeding them and taking care of them to get them to sellable size (usually 1") than what you receive in cash/credit.

Agree with Ryan on the lfs (doesn;t give squat)...and ebay or Aquabid (but then you have to get into shipping)...craigslist is probably your best route (never have them meet you at home..choose a safe place that's well lit and ALWAYS take a friend with you and let someone know where your going and when you'll be back).