1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

kent pro-clear (clears murky & cloudy water)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Dec 11, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Kent Marine brand ProSeries Pro-Clear
    Freshwater clarifier
    Clarifies murky & cloudy water

Directly off the bottle:
    Kent Marine Pro-Clear produces and maintains crystal clear aquarium water and is safe for all freshwater fish and plants. The special freshwater formula contains a long chain polymer that is attracted to dirt particles which cause water cloudiness. This attraction creates debris clumps that are easy to filter out or that will settle to the aquarium bottom. Does not contain phosphates, nitrates, or silicates to cause undesirable algae or slime growth.

Directions:
    Shake well before using. First adjust alkalinity to a minimum of 40ppm (2 dKH or .75 meq/liter). Then dilute one drop per gallon or 5 mL (1 tsp) per 50 gallons of aquarium water in a seperate clean container and evenly disperse around the aquarium.

Particles should begin to precipitate out of water within 6 to 8 hours. A properly working mechanical filter using a fine filtering medium will collect particles and can be easily discarded. Allow 8 hours before siphoning. Repeat in 24 hours if necessary.

If the tank is extremely cloudy, double the does but do no use more than two doses per week. Do not se in marine systems.

To prevent cloudy water, avoid overcrowding, do not overfeed fish, perform regular water changes, and maintain sufficient filtration and water circulation.

Use Kent Marine Poly Ox if tank is cloudy from being overloaded by dissolved organic matter in the system. Wait 24 hours before using this product.

Ingredients:
    De-ionized water, Aluminum, chlorhydrate, Polyelectrolytes.

Caution:
    Not for human consumption. Do not taste, swallow or breathe.
    Avoid contact with skin as it may cause irritation. If in eyes, immediately flush with water for 15 minutes. Do not mix with household chemicals. Keep out of reach of children!

Satisfaction Guarantee:
    If you are not completely satisfied with this product, simply return the unused portion with cash register receipt to:
    Kent Marine Guarantee
    9675 S. 60th Street
    Franklin, WI 53132
    1-800-255-4527

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kentmarine.come" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kentmarine.come</a>

Distributed by Central Aquatics (A division of Central Garden & Pet) Franklin, WI 53132 USA

Kent Marine is a registered trademark of Central Aquatics
    Copyright 2007 Central Garden & Pet.

Made in U.S.A
    kent pro-clear.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

This is available for both freshwater and marine (saltwater). I have no experience with using this in a marine/saltwater application, but have used it in my freshwater setups several times and found it to work faster than Seachem's clarity (also, it doesn't cause the water to turn yellowish for several hours as Seachems clarity does).

This product typically works in about 2 hours on my 90g (mind you I have excessive filtration, so it may/may not work as fast for you).

I mainly use this when I disturb the substrate (doing major replants) & upon initial setups where you get the initial haze.

I like the clear dosage cap on the bottle also...it's very easy to read and has 10, 15, 20, 25, & 30 imprinted into it.

I've found this at my local petsmart, but this product can also be found online.
    Currently Drs. Foster and Smith are having it on sale and if you check the steals & deals section you'll see there's a great coupon code for them as well.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... catid=4116</a>