1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Killies

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Killies

I am looking for a good stock to put in my 150, and ran across some Killies on Aquabid. Can you mix Killies? I think they would look AWESOME in this tank, especially with a lot of different colors. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

to warn you, they are tiny.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i was told that there were some larger breeds that might look good in there. Do you know of any that are larger? I have seen the golden wonder killies at the LPS and they were a pretty good size.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

depends on what your idea of a large fish is, I think ours are different lol

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The largest killifish that I know of it about 2 1/2".

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Ok, I'll give you about what I think is a medium size. I think around 3-5 inces would be medium for me, anything smaller would be tiny. I want something larger than Neons, even though I really like those lol.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Kayla I have been doing some searching for you and found out that there are some killies that grow to be 5" at max size. If your still interested in the I will find out the name (I forgot to write it down).

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

That'd be cool. And yea I'm still interested in putting them in the tank.

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Blue Gularis is the common name and the scientific name is Fundulopanchax sjostedti, they are a striking fish with awesome finnage!

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks! I looked them up and it says something about they should really be kept by themselves because they like to nip fish, like Guppies etc. And I asked a buddy of mine and they recommended the Clown Killie. It's smaller than 5" I think is what they said. I don't just HAVE to do Killies, but I thought they would make a nice addition to the tank if they were compatable. I have got to find a place where I can get Green Neons from because they aren't sold around here, so most likely I'll have to get them offline. And to make it worse it's really cold here and it's only going to get colder.

While I am on the subject of my tank, I ran across some more fish that I thought looked nice. The Gold Tetra. :D

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

your talking about a 125 gallon tank, with fish of this size i dont forsee fin nipping to be a problem, lol

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thats what I thought too.