1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Least Killifish for sale ENDS June 11th

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by MasterBlue, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

I've decided to sell all my Least Killies, so you guys get first dibs.
    Small fish native to the Southern United states.

Mine are healthy and moderatly prolithic.

Females drop 1-2 offspring at a time, but constantly produce. I forget the time between drops.

I'm asking for 1.50 USD a Male, 3.00 USD per female. A trio (1 male 2 females) is 6.00 USD .
    You pay shipping. My preference is USPS Priority since I KNOW how to do so, but since you pay you pick. But expect me to ask you how to do it XD

What I don't sell here will be placed on AquaBid or Ebay.
    Images will follow as soon as I finish draining the tank.

2. MasterBlue

3. Penycat

Penycat New Member

Can you tell me a bit about these Killis? I've got a small tank of some kind of baby killis, but am still learning about them...then I might be interested:)

4. MasterBlue

First off, these aren't true killifish. They are actually a small live bearing fish. Another Common name is Dwarf livebearer. The scientific name is Heterandria formosa.

The eat anything and live in pretty much any tank. They do rather well in low maintance tanks, and are the PERFECT fish for people new to the hobby (my opinion any who, I've kept 8 in a 1 pint jar for 3 months, they kept haveing babies and that's how I actually got all the ones I have now =P)

Also, the shrimp are for sale too, lol

5. Penycat

Penycat New Member

awesome! after reading a bit about them, I'm interested in a trio... what tank parameters do you recommend?

6. MasterBlue

What ever your tank is XD
    They adapt very well, but if you insist, what ever the guppies like =P They live in slow moving to running streams and Rivers. Brackish to fresh.

Plants are desired, and no fish large enough to eat them or there fry. Endlers make good mates, guppies may eat the fry, but then again they eat there own too >.>;

7. Penycat

Penycat New Member

what about pH? That's always my biggest concern as most of my tanks are bare bottomed except for the ones that need higher pH as mine is about 7.0.

But yeah I want:) They'll be species only tank, so I'm not worried about that, 90% of my fish are in tanks of their own. Okay, soon as I get my next paycheck I'll get you some $$ and what's shipping to 29187? (And no I don't mind that my zip is public...lol)

8. MasterBlue

First off, here is an image I failed to post XD
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_40_20gallon_40gredo_Heterandria_formosa_1.jpg

Some are a blonde color with weak to no Markings. You'll get a mixed batch since mine were just left to onterbreed. (Blondes are excessively aggressive!) (I can give you just bold striped ones if you want, but I can't give all blonds. I don't have enough of them, lol)

They will not hybrid with guppies/endlers (just tossing that out there)
    7.0 will work. Mine are in a slightly higher PH right now, but it's cuz the tank was left to it'self a week or two.
    ^^ I'll hold you a Trio (Actually I'll give you 2 extra females since you seem to be the only one interested.)

Shipping is likely going to be less than 8, but I'll charge 10 for the box and filler stuff. (I'm really low on cash right now T.T; Otherwise I'd just charge you for just shipping. If It's higher than 10 then I'll cover what ever I need to.)

You want any of these shrimp?

9. Penycat

Penycat New Member

$10 for shipping is perfect (what I charge for priority too) and how much for the shrimp? I wouldn't mind setting up a shrimp tank

10. MasterBlue

0.50 a shrimp? Plenty of them are currently berrying. Lotsa little baby shrimp =3
    Buy 5 shrimp, get a few free MTS XD
    I'm got too many critters from the tank. ALL of them can go since I've goet even more of them in the other tanks o.o;

11. Penycat

Penycat New Member

works for me, so 5 shrimp and a trio of the fishies, what will the total be?

12. MasterBlue

10 shipping + 6 for trio + 2.50 for five shrimp= 18.50
    Paypal is darkmasterofdragons@yahoo.com

The shrimp are less red and almost a wild type by now. If you wanna change your mind about them let me know.
    I'll mail them out on wednesday. if you get me payment. If not then monday at best

13. MasterBlue

Sold all the shrimp already.
    So, that said, for what your asking for is 16.00 USD
    Couldn't mail them like I wanted... My face hurts almost as much as the rest of me. (allergic to wasp)

14. Penycat

Penycat New Member

way cool, $16 I have and will send asap. Thank you! Feel free to send them on Monday and let me know so I can be looking for them Wed/Thurs

15. MasterBlue

PM me your mailing address once you send me the money =P lol

16. Penycat

Penycat New Member

no worries, my shipping address is included in the paypal notice...it's the same so you should have it:) Looking forward to it! I'll spend Sunday getting their new tank ready:)

17. MasterBlue

you got it =3

I want some images when they get to you!!!

18. Penycat

Penycat New Member

lol I'm so behind on images!!! but yeah I'll work on that:)

19. MasterBlue

Gave almost all of the ones I had left away. No one wanted them and I can't afford to sell them right now on aquabid.
    Monday afternoon I'll mail the ones I promised as well as all my lil shrimpy guys ^^

20. Penycat

Penycat New Member

well I've decided that these are going to be my son's first fish to care for (with mom's major help of course) but my older 9 year old son has a tank of tiger limias that he's cared for for a while and my 7 year old son has been asking if he could try, so I figure a 55g of these will be a good starting fish for him. I just told him and he's highly excited!:) So this is a good thing, get the little ones in the hobby early and train them up right!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.