1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Marineland C-220 Canister Filter

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I meant to put this up long ago and just now realized I never did. This was my first true canister filter. I originally purchased it for my 30 long after converting it to freshwater. At the time I didn't think it produced enough flow for the tank and for the 30 long I would actually purchase the 360 or even the 530 just because I feel I need more flow to help keep waste from settling. Don't get me wrong, the 220 worked really well on the 30 long but when I set it up again I will be upgrading.

I just installed the 220 on my 20 gallon tank to replace two filters, a Penguin 150 and a Tetra EX 30. The Penguin 150 didn't last me very long but it did filter very well. It ended up making a very strange noise a few days ago so I had to take it out because it was getting worse and kept waking me up at night.

In the 20 gallon this filter seems to be amazing. I had forgotten how quiet this unit was ! After priming it and plugging it in I almost thought it didn't turn on, it's that quiet. Now it's strange sitting here because I was so used to the noise of the HOB filters. :) Anyway, great filter !

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I LOVE the C series run several myself :)