1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Marineland LED bubble wands

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by heatherine, Jan 19, 2011.

1. heatherine

heatherine Thread Starter Member

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefr...-bubble-wand/prodMarinelandLEDBubbleWand.html

In short, this product stinks imo. I bought the green one, hoping it would enhance my green-themed semi-planted tank. The lights are garish, not subtle at all like I was hoping for. The bubbles are garish as well, and so big they frightened my fish. I was really disappointed that it looked so bad, because it seemed like such a cool idea. :-x

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

I have the blue ones, I never used them as aerators so I removed the wands out of them. One wand is still working great, the other one is literally half dead already, and they were never submerged, go figure.

Do not buy these things, its a waste of your money you can use towards better ones. Cheaper does not equal better or even the same for that matter.

3. heatherine

heatherine Thread Starter Member

True. The irony is I didn't even know how cheap I could get them for online ($13-16), I paid over $25 at my LFS. Luckily they took it back without a hassle. I'm still looking for (soft) green light that's submersible but doesn't look as though I have a Christmas tree or a lava lamp in there.

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

the hydor ario series is a very good underwater LED system, you can get them aerated or not, I scrapped the volcano and just buried the LED assembly and let a column come up like in pirates of the caribean(got kids)