1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Marineland Penguin 350

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, Mar 15, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Overall for how little it is, it stands to be a pretty good filter.

It does have the 2 biowheels and a really fair output. There is not really much room in the cartridge trays like the Emperor line though. Media is not impossible to add but does create a bit of a challenge.

My favorite aspect of this filter is the intake tube has another area to pull water closer to the top that can be regulated by a kind of cap to cover the slots. It is nice that it pulls the water on the bottom and near the top! That is my favorite feature of this filter.

Overall not a bad filter but I would rather spend the money on the Emperor line than the Penguin line.... Again as said in my other postings... if you find a good deal ($20) for this filter it does make a great filter for the price!
    350.jpg