1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Missing Eyeballs?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

So when I got off of work this morning. I turned on my amazon tank only to notice that one of my neon tetras eyes were missing. He was still swimming around a little but with no eyes.

All 6 of my neons were fine last night. Now, 30 minutes later, the neon is dead on the bottom and my corys were swimming all over its corpse.

I don't know if it was a cory or my banjo catfish that did it. But, that's really strange to some how eat out the eyeballs to a swimming fish.

Any ideas?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's possible it was one of the other neons. They can get a little aggressive with each other at times.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

defin. not the cory.

4. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea i say neons to but discus can get aggresive but probally not fast enough to get the neon though

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The update is: When I went to do a water change earlier today, the neon had been picked clean like you see in piranha videos.

It doesn't surprise me that it was the neons because they do chase each other around. If they do that to any of my cardinals, the neons will be flushed haha

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sounds like the mystery has been solved. Lol!