1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Moved to Florida so new tanks

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by FishVixen, May 15, 2011.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

Haven't been on in a while due to moving. Moved to Ft Myers Florida less than 2 weeks ago and already have 3 tanks going.
    55 gal for angels
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_DSCN5244_1.jpg
    40 breeder with my new flowerhorn Martha (yes it's a male) lol
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_DSCN5246_1.jpg
    45 gal divided for 2 pairs of angels that will be coming soon.
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_DSCN5164_2.jpg

Had to get rid of everything in Richmond but MTS strikes no matter where I live. Have 12 Blue platinum angels coming in tomorrow and 8 Platinum paraiba angels. House I live in has many tanks so using house tanks for them.

2. manta975

manta975 New Member

that sucks moving and having to leave your fish. i have been luck and dont have to many fish and have moved with them. (long moves too from Oregon to Florida and Florida to Ohio) but might have to if i end up going to brasil (my parents talk about it a lot but never manifested but who knows my mom moved from there and wants to move back now lol)

hope your tanks come along with out major hitches

3. Alleycat

Alleycat Member

A male flowerhorn named Martha?
    Alright, I'll bite, why?

Congrats on what sounds like a successful move.

4. FishVixen

previous owner thought it was a female when he was young but surprise it wasn't and just kept the name I like the history of it. carrot

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Glad to hear all is well,
    that first tank is really catching my eye...what are the decorations inside it? (won't allow me to pull it up larger)

6. Ben

Ben New Member

Looking good Vix. Everything I got from you is doing great.

7. FishVixen

this is the planter I made with pink marble and lava rocks no plants in it yet
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_DSCN5257.jpg

The leafs on the left are oak branches heated in the oven and dried in the sun for a week on the right is plants in a cut down milk jug with pink marble pieces leaned against it.

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Really like the marble and very innovative!

9. FishVixen

found the marble on the side of the road only cost was the silicone which I keep around anyway.

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

your avatar looks like my platinum phillipine blue.

Congrats on the move, It took me two weeks to move my tanks two blocks lol. We moved from SoCal to chicago we had to get rid of everything too, a 5# texas cichlid named DUKE, several CA cichlids, 18" pleco ect even the 250g tank was sold because of the cross country move, But yes it took years for even a tank to strike the house again but when it did MTS went into full effect.

Congrats on the move and post some pics of those paraiba's, I might be interested well I know im interested but yeah maybe we can work something out when they are paired off for you. I got a 75g tank with 5 adult angels and the school they do(half a v formation, think 85 da bears) its kinda neat .
    Well congrats on the move, MTS and the awesome find of pink marble. I just found over 300 pounds of dead coral and liverock on the side of the river.