1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Muscles growing Roots????

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by SiNi5T3R, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SiNi5T3R

SiNi5T3R Thread Starter New Member

I bought some of those Pre Cooked Frozen Muscles from the store and came home. Boiled them for about 10 minutes to heat them up and ate them (yummmm :D) anyway. I thought the shells would be pretty tank decor so i threw them in my freshwater tank with my fish and about 3 hours late THIS happened. There are little white spots on some of the shells and i didnt think anything of it that thats just how the shell looked...but i was wrong :p

Any idea what it is?

ai51.tinypic.com_11bq6mh.jpg

ai52.tinypic.com_2corgq0.jpg

ai54.tinypic.com_10ogzrn.jpg

ai51.tinypic.com_54ccqb.jpg

it seems the white spots grew some roots in a matter of HOURS....pretty quick if you ask me. it survived through the cook the packing company did and my cooking. any ideas? maybe plants from were they were raised and its just seeds that survived the boil?

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Muscles grow "roots" when alive to hold themselves in place, but theses aren't alive.... What happened after this?