1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

mwah ha ha (kicking up the flow)

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by lostanime, Jan 23, 2009.

1. lostanime

lostanime Thread Starter New Member

Just wanted to mention we took off the two 1200gph mag12s and 800gph quietone3000, and added a hy-drive3200 (3500gph @ 0' on 1.5" ID !!)

I ended up building a valved manifold to run everything from it, and I'm realizing I should have bought it long ago. MUCH more flow then both mags & quietone combined - it can overflow the 'fuge AND the main tank at the same time if the valves aren't partially closed. It's dead silent unlike our rio, quietone, or mag12s and it uses only 200W (compared to the 280W that the prior pumps used that it replaced) I'm also so thankful danner uses stainless steel shafts on their hy-drive line. That was another big complaint of mine for the rio, quietone, supreme/pondmaster mags... ceramic shafts snap if you wait more then a few months and let calcium carbonate build up before maintaining.

I also added a couple extra closed outlets on the manifold so we can run extra gear like the skimmer off of it too (once I can get a venturi pipe in)... gotta love a simple solution!