1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My 10 gallon guppy tank (=

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ai40.tinypic.com_jhx7w1.jpg

It's fake planted and there's less guppies than that in it now, but I plan to add more soon.

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Are guppy's always on top like that? If so you might want to add an airpump or find a way to circulate your water more. Or add an airpump

Overal its a good looking tank! :)

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, they're always on top. I just today added an air pump like not even 10 minutes ago. They don't seem to like it. I think it might be too strong but it's the smallest size they have and it says it's for 5 - 10 gallon tanks. -shrug- I also finally added 3 more, because I had 3 die off and I think my last pretty one is about to. His fins are all nipped up(of course because he's more gorgeous than the rest haha) and he's swimming on his side. )= Since I added fish, I did rearrange all the decorations. The bridge is now on the right in front of the bubbler along with the two colored plants and the shell thingy is on the left in front of the green plant.

Thank you for the compliment. I love the way my tank looks too. Didn't think it'd turn out that way. [=

4. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Maybe the fish need to get used to it though. If the'res to much bubbles the water will move TO much and thats not good either.

You can always try to add an '' Air Pump'' Wich wont produce bubbles but just ''put'' air in the water without any movement. My lfs has some I'll check out the name on monday :)

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

If the air flow is to strong then get a long air stone which should help even out the flow, or get a gang value, and open one until you bleed off enough air flow to weaken the in going air flow but not stop the air flow.

I would go with the gang value personal.

This a gang value.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3669+19780&pcatid=19780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=19780</a>

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

That's about what i said :) An airstone would work great yes. The fish will have enough air and they wont be in a bubbling jaccuzi :)

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Really it sound like you want him to buy a new air pump altogether, and I said I would would go will the gang value more then the air stone.

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I dont want him to buy a new one I just want him to get more oxygen in his water. I was just reccomending something thst didnt make to much bubbles but still give air ;)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

well that what it sound like with "You can always try to add an '' Air Pump'' Wich wont produce bubbles but just ''put'' air in the water without any movement. My lfs has some I'll check out the name on monday"

10. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Guys, chill. (=
    Firts, I'm a female. ^_^
    Second, it is an airstone and the pump came with a valve I just haven't hooked it in yet. (=

12. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol @ innocence..Sometime the guys need a kick in the pants. Sorry! Lol!

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Call me Ammi (AM - ME...example AM I going to get ME some ice cream? Drives ME crazy when people call me Amy)

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

That's quite a unique name, does it have some sort of hidden meaning?

17. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Ammi sounds a little like amy. But hey I'll call you ammi :)
    And Ammi dont listen to dawn shes pure evil we dont need a ''kick in the pants sometimes''..

18. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

It's a nickname for Ambyr. (= My mom gave it to me. As for her being "pure evil" I'll make my own judgements on that. ^_^

19. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Be carefull she'll pluck you anytime :)

20. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Dawns not that evil.... a bit crazy from time to time but arent we all? :)

She does pluck though!

That is a unique name...