1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My 30 and 55 cichlid tank opinions anyone?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2008.

Do You Like my Set Up?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Somewhat

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Not At All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My 30 and 55 cichlid tank opinions anyone?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

30g
    [​IMG]

Cynotalapia Afra Hai Reef Juvies (7)
    Astatotilapia latifasciata (4)

55g
    [​IMG]

1 Chromobotia macracanthus (loach)
    4 Labidochromis caeruleus
    1 Common Plecostomus
    4 Pseudotropheus demasoni (Pombo Rocks)
    5 Pseudotropheus saulosi
    6 Cynotilapia afra (Cobue)
    1 Metriaclima estherae (Red)

Video of Both:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDEifcoPNPo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDEifcoPNPo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks good. The only thing I'd suggest is adding more rock for extra hiding spaces as they grow and mature.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A big piece of driftwood in the 30 gallon would be a nice centerpiece in the tank. I've never been a fan of unnatural colored gravel, some nice black sand would look really nice in there. I like the plants and stones in there, they look really sharp.

In the 55 I'd suggest trying to either glue some rocks together or get some bigger rocks just to add some interest to the top of the tank and also to make some more hiding places.

4. luvfish

luvfish New Member

I like them both!! ;) IMO if you added black sand to the 30g your fish would be lost in there. Then it would be dark background, dark substrate, dark rocks....too dark for my liking.
    About the only thing I'd change on the 55g would be the background! Again, I'm not a fan of dark backgrounds so I would go with a blue background instead. That way you could see the fish better.
    But that's just my 2ยข. What really matters is what you think of your tanks!! After all you're the one that has to look at them!! ;)