1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My 30g aquarium getting setted up

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Guidoman888, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: My aquarium getting setted up

It won't be "live" for long once you put it in freshwater.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I agree why pay the extra money for live rock and live sand when it is basically worthless in a FW tank

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 Thread Starter New Member

Well its actually not live sand,, but I dont know how to say it In english,, it looks close like it though,, but it is for fresh water,, well my appologies about that,, and the live rocks didnt come,, instead i have plants ^^

4. Guidoman888

Ok so I have some problems uploading the pictures,, the're all shrinked to under 40 kb I have 7 in total,, They just wont upload. If you're good with uploading them I could send them to you trough mail so you might upload them,, I'd be really pleased(I did actually read anthony's tutorial but it only worked for one picture the first time,,I tried a second picture and nothing worked anymore..)

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You can E-mail them to me. Anthony @ TheExoticFish . com

6. Guidoman888

Ok I'll send them to you right now :)

7. Guidoman888

Here are my pictures,, the tanks are cleaned of death plant and stuff now. And I added some plants (like you see on the left at the 30 gal) to the smaller tank.

I also found my first living creature :) It's a snail in the 30 gallon you cant see it a the picture,, I found it while spreading the sand evenly and cleaning the tanks
    img_7386_w600_h400.jpg img_7387_w600_h400.jpg img_7388_w600_h400.jpg img_7389_w600_h400.jpg img_7390_w600_h400.jpg img_7391_w600_h400.jpg img_7392_w600_h400.jpg

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks like a good start. Did you say what you were putting in there ? I can't remember.

9. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Im not a fan of the red rocks myself, but that is me. If you like it then hey!

I do really like that 30 gallon with the sand :D

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

is that pool filter sand?

11. Guidoman888

I said i might get a school of neon tetras,, I dont know what else to put in,, wednesday I'm getting the fish so any recomandations are welcome xD I'm also going to buy a heater for the other tank and get a Betta,,, Anyone has any Id what there ideal Temprature is if not I'll just ask the fish store ^^

If you have any id of what to put in the 30 gallon just tell me :3 It looks quiet small in the picture but wednesday I'll take some new and maybe even make a video with the fish :) And it's not pool filter sand as far as I know

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i wouldn't suggest putting a betta with the neons because the betta will likely harass the neons to death.

13. Guidoman888

No the betta goes in the other tank I know betta and neons dont go together The betta goes in the one with orange/red like rocks on the bottom :) My lil sister already has a name for it : Oki Doci ^^

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I actually think that the betta and the neons would be fine together.

15. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Just a question, do you still have the plants in the little pot things that they came in?

16. Guidoman888

Yes, the store keeper said it would be best that way,,

17. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Personally I would take them out of the pots. Doing so helps let the roots have more space in turn letting the plant grow more. I would keep the soil in the pot though and bury it the roots into the substrate.

18. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Yea, keeping the plants in the pots restricts their root growth, which will in turn restrict the plants growth, which will end with a dead plant. I usually will take the plants out of the pots, carefully take most of the stuff that is surrounding the roots off, dig a little hole in the substrate (in your case it would be the sand), place the roots of the plant into the hole, then cover them back up with the substrate you dug out for the hole. Why someone would tell you keeping them in the pot is the best way is beyond me lol

19. Guidoman888

Haha ok thanks I'll inmideatly do that ^^ He said the plant will grow good this way,, But wont sink without the pot I was thinking about getting it off ( i have 3 plants with pot the others dont have a pot just a bit of lead to sink it.) you might see it in the 30 gallon pick its the one on the right.. But i didnt take the stuff around it out,, thanxs for the hints new pics (with fish) come tomorrow since then it's fish buy time :)

20. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You'll want to bury the roots in the substrate.