1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My 45 gal dream!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by san_sam, May 11, 2010.

1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

a rubber lip OR a bristle nose pleco will be fine for your goldies, they stay small and do NOT suck the fish or their slime coats.

the dwarf plecos dont lose their taste for algae and corydoras dont eat algae period except in wafer form.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yep, agree with WhiteDevil...The bristlenose will defin be fine (I keep them with discus)..reason I suggested them in the 1st place.

3. WhiteGloveAquatics

yep, got 7 of em 5 bnp's and 2 rnp's, the 5 bnp's are in with 13 discus and 11 angels.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

you'll end up with more in no time (unless you got all males). Trust me on this one! Lol!

You have angels in with you discus (for some reason I thought you removed them)?

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

No no no, only seperated the male and female breeding angels at one point but hell they are doing great, discus have taken up some of the angels habits, like eating out of your hand and feeding at the top with the rest of the fish. The new discus are eating out of my hand the first time I fed them and are eager to be watched.

My old man didnt think the angels and discus together will be good since the discus nazi's dont condone it but I told him, worse comes to worse itll be a pushing squabble and if it goes further we have three tanks to put them in but they dont seem to have any issues but the pecking order that was established in about 15 minutes the first time they met any other fish but discus.

I hope so but I got banjo cats in the tank I think they will eat any eggs/fry ASAP.

/hijack.

Seriously, do not rule out a pleco, they especially the "dwarfs" are a tanks best friend especially planted tanks since they dont eat the live vegetation either.

If you dont go with pleco's try true SAE's while they will eat algae till the day they die they are a carp and arent designed to adhere to the flat surfaces to literally polish the surface clean, they will however eat any kind of algae that is in the books and algae that is undiscovered.