1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Delta Tail My first betta, a learning experience

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by betta, Jul 29, 2014.

1. betta

betta Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

This is a picture of my first betta, who was incorrectly labeled in a local fish store as a half moon betta. I think I bought him in Petland Discounts - I can't be sure. I bought a 1.5-2 gallon tank (at most) because I think that they could survive in such small amounts of water and thrive. After all, aren't bettas used to puddles and enjoy betta bowls? What a fallacy. Fortunately he was able to live for well over a year, almost two, because I took great care of him and changed his water often. But I won't do that again to a betta - 3 gallon tank minimum. Betta-Tank-1.jpg

2. betta

betta Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Here is one more picture of my delta tail betta. They look very much like half moons at times since they can open their tails to near 180 degree span.

Betta-Tank-2.jpg