1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My fish is sick, what should i do ? plz help

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by mohamedakram, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mohamedakram

mohamedakram Thread Starter New Member

my fish keeps lying on its side and she barely moves, i moved it in a bowl alone and i dont know what shoul i do next, plz help

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Need more info. What type of fish? Water pararimeters, Temp, How long you've had the fish. Any details will help.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Please be sure to include all of the following.

There are thousands of informative discussions archived here, many with photos and helpful links. Have you tried Searching the forum ? Keep in mind that the best way to get help from other forum members is to provide all the information in your first post.

What size is your tank and what fish are currently in the tank ?

How long has it been set up ? Is it Cycled ?

What are your water parameters: Temperature, Ammonia (NH3/4), Nitrite (NO2), pH, GH, KH and Nitrate (NO3) ?

How long have you had the fish and what symptoms do they have ? Have you introduced any new fish recently ? What is your maintenance schedule, and what product/s (if any) do you use to neutralize chlorine or chloramines ?

If you have something unusual to describe, post a photo if possible.

A bowl will be a death trap. Without a filter and heater the fish will likely die depending on what it is.

4. mohamedakram

mohamedakram Thread Starter New Member

its a red eye fish, temprature abt 30-40 C, fresh water
    it has been sick for almost 1 day

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

We need more information. Please answer as many of the questions I asked above.