1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My fish (most of them)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by LemonDiscus, Sep 17, 2008.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Here are some pics of my discus (4 of my 5) the 5th one is impossible to get a picture of as it has claimed the territory just behind my driftwood in the tank and only comes out to eat..... it must be camera shy.

My Lemon/Marlboro Red
    afarm3.static.flickr.com_2089_2095363143_8f3949e4ff.jpg

My Mayan Jade
    [​IMG]

I just found out what these little boogers are (they are still babies),
    Santarem Discus
    Fish 1
    View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3088_2861195458_f18a121d85.jpg

and Fish 2
    View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3131_2860366095_84c1d13c3b.jpg

and they are all housed in here:
    View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3149_2863111180_182cb01c35.jpg

I actually just bought some more plants yesterday so now the whole right side has background plants :D :D :D

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Very nice looking Discus'.

3. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

nice looking discus from what i can see in the pictures the lemon and the jade are females the sans are kind of smallish <by picture> to tell

4. LemonDiscus

whoa whoa whoa, how can you tell that!?!? yea the last 2 are tiny, but how can you tell the other 2 are females?!?!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Very nice discus! They are one of my dream fish to own :D

6. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

the top and bottom fins dont come out to a streaming point they are kind of roundish which is the way i was told from Discus Hans.
    Another way is to extend the top fin and bottom fin through the tail fin if it would cross thru the tail female if they would cross past the tail male.
    Hey Lemon if ya would like we could meet somewhere and take a look i am no expert but i feel i got more then just a general knowledge of Discus plus i got a bunch of contact of people who breed and used to sell Discus.
    Just let me know like tomarrow i think ill play hookie from work cause well i got the time and i can lol.

7. LemonDiscus

Well, I have to leave later tonight, I have to drive out to the Eastern Shore for work tonight. If you are off now you can swing by my house now?

8. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

lol you should hear lemon's ringer lol