1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My little Puffer Liam

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

at first i was worried because when i turned the light on he wouldnt wake up and so i got the net and touched him and he woke up so i felt really bad :(
    002.JPG

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's how he was sleeping ?

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Is it just me or does that fish appear to be round? like without a tail? I know its just the angle of the picture but it looks really cool like that haha! Awesome fish!

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

His tail is next to him, that's why I assumed that's how he was sleeping.

5. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

He's really cute

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Please tell me that that he is sleeping with his tail curled up like a dog's.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hehe thanks everyone. And yes his tail is tucked next to him like a dog's :D

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Puffers are sooo cute when they sleep! The first time I saw Milton like that I freaked, then I realized he was just sleeping :)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

They really are just adorable, i just got home from work, looked into the tank and didn't see him but then i looked inside his ship and he's currentley sleeping inside it, he's totally digging the sand i think he's really happy with it cause usually he just paces up and down the side of his tank it was rare for me to actually see him sleep

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

LMAO dont worry haha i was like that too.

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Lol it feels like he's my 2nd dog, i've never cared for a fish this much. He's also been sleeping so much more since i put sand in

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Have you tested the water to make sure you didn't experience a minicycle?

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

not yet, i've had to much homework to work on (college) but i'll check later tonight when i'm done

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

okay just make sure you do because if he is sleeping a lot he might be sick, when they are sick they will also curl their tail and lay on the ground.

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ok, i'll make sure i check before i go to bed tonight, hopefully he is just enjoying the comfortableness of the sand and isint sick, especially after all i've put into him. He still is swimming alot though

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i've also noticed that on one side he has some very small bumbs on his side, right whre the black and white belly meets. He also just ate so it could be that but that side is looking a little white. If he is a little sick what chemical do you suggest i get. I tried to get a picture of it but he wouldnt stay still

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

There aren't any chemicals you can use with puffers, they are very sensitive to meds because they don't have scales, you just have to make sure water conditions are pristine, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and under 20 nitrate.

With out pictures I can't really help you with the bumps, milton's stomach gets lumpy sometimes with certain foods.

What do you mean the belly is white? A white belly is a good thing with gsps, if his belly is black or dark all the time then you should worry.

18. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Knowing all the water parameters would be a great help.

19. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ok, so maybe the little lumps are from his plankton that he ate i'll try to get another picture of what i was talking about, it may just be normal and me being paranoid.

So i tried to take some more pics, put he's just to skittish to stay still each time i approac he swims away fast. Maybe the white in his yellow area is just cause he's fat right now

20. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

maybe the little guy is lonely :(