1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

my new 10g

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MLBMandEdgar, May 26, 2010.

1. MLBMandEdgar

MLBMandEdgar Thread Starter New Member

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_bettatank002.jpg
    ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_bettatank003.jpg
    ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_bettatank005.jpg
    ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_bettatank012.jpg
    ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_bettatank009.jpg

It's been conditioned and the airstone's been running perfectly fine since last night :D I made the divider out of plastic art canvas and plastic beading cord and it's held down by window/glass suction cups. So everything in the tank is non-toxic and clean :) next step is fish!

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

looking awesome!
    love the idea of the airstone in a glass vase filled with marbles and I too have used the glass paperweights in my tank before (I usually get them at my local dollar store).

3. MLBMandEdgar

Thanks! The large glass sculpture is actually some blown glass artwork I aquired on a vacation in italy :) I got to watch the man make it for me and picked it up a few days later it was awesome. The larger glass stones are from a craft store, and the glass vase was only 99 cents at the same place! I spent only 25$ total just setting the tank up.. compared to the hundreds we spent on my goldfish tank hehe

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

as they always say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I've seen some really cute cartoony tanks, gorgeous natural ones, and some really fascinating diys that were done for just pennies on the dollar.

5. MLBMandEdgar

Here's some pics from tonight :) They LOVE all of the space <3 I'm so happy! I think I'm going to use those other tiny tanks only if they ever get sick.. I'm never putting a fish in anything less than a 5g again..

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_318.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_321.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_323.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_333.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_337.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_349.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_371.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_372.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_386.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_387.jpg

ai830.photobucket.com_albums_zz226_ladydogcd_396.jpg

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

simply gorgeous, I agree...you defin see a difference when you go from a small to a larger tank.
    I originally had my betta in a 5g...then upgraded to a 10g...and then the final upgrade to the 20g which is sectioned.

It's such a shame that multiple male's couldn't be kept together without the need for dividers..if that ever became the case I think I'd dedicate an entire tank to them. (ah, the things we can dream of)

7. MLBMandEdgar

Lol so true.. Edgar my goldfish is a girl.. but shes named a boy name after a very special rescue dog.. anywho it seems all of my fish are non compatable together lol and all are either male or male names.. My goldie tank is at 76% stocked so I can't get her a buddy unless I upgrade, and if I upgrade it'll be a pond since she'd thrive in a pond better with multiple goldies.. I'm so glad that I got the bigger tank for them