1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My Planted Endler Tank (Vermont)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Jun 6, 2008.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Re: My Planted Endler Tank

I second that! wow! I'm thinking of throwing a couple of those in my Celestial Danio tank. Uncle Neds had some the last time I was there.

2. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Re: My Planted Endler Tank

Two of the four new Ottos in the Endler tank, so there are a total of 5 in there now. I'll probably take the 4 smaller ones with me to VA when I leave.
    DSCF1044.jpg DSCF1045.jpg

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Otto's are so cool ^^ Nice tank even though they got alot of babies when you wasnt there :p

4. Anthony

I know, I love those little guys.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Lol I found one of my ottos trying to eat some plant material on the filter intake, hes now dead.

6. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone is still looking at it I thought I;d at my 2 cents. If you have plant snails just buy a couple of loaches. They will eat all the snail rather quickly.

7. moreless39

moreless39 New Member

Nice tank there Anthony....be nicer once it fills in a bit more. What are your plans for all the fish now and future ones coming? Just asking.....I also got a plant or 2 with hidden snails that ran wild,.....I ended up buying (used) another tank and moving just the fish as snails even though you don't see them, will remain in a "domant" state under the gravel for some time. I read a lot of things about getting rid of them and most advice is do not use things like Had-a-snail.

8. Anthony

I sell them once my tank has extras.

9. moreless39

moreless39 New Member

Anthony, I really like that dwarf hairgrass, I've just started 1 myself and I'll post a pic soon to show you all what Java moss can do in no time(but I like it ....for now) as for snails...good luck, been there, done that. I ended up getting a new(used) tank and switching... there's still little white bodies I vac up now and then. My 2 cents.....don't do it ....you WILL be sorry.

10. moreless39

moreless39 New Member

Also ...the clown loaches will only eat snails to a certain size, if they get too big...the loach will busy itself with the little ones. Maybe they know they'll be more little ones coming ....?