1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My Tank Leaked Out!!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by jrow8162, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

My wife woke me up this morning to inform me my tank was leaking. About 15 gallons of water was in my floor this morning. The tank had 2 Discus, a clown loach, and an Angelfish in it. Angelfish is in the 20 gallon now and the 2 Dicus and Clown Loach are in my 55 gallon. This sucks!!! I just got finished taking the tank down and cleaning up the flood on my hardwood floors... Way to start my day huh? It was my nice corner tank too!

2. absntmnd69

absntmnd69 New Member

its ok bro. im taking it to tim to find out what we need to do. we are probly gonna end up resealing it.

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

So sorry to hear that. At least it was 15 gal and the fish weren't flopping in the gravel. I know what you mean about wood floors.

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Ouch! Man that bites!
    If any of my tanks leaked I'd be in a lotta trouble. First, the flood, then a fire, and then I'd prolly die in my sleep when the electrical storm exploded... o.o;

5. jrow8162

Yeah, it definitely could have been worse. This is a 50 gallon corner hex. I hope I can reseal it. I now have 8 Discus, 3 Cardinal Tetras, an electric blue ram, and a clown loach all shoved in a 55 gallon tank. The Discus seem to love it but its definitely overstocked now.

6. James0816

James0816 New Member

Wow...sorry to hear about that. Good thing you had the other tanks to use temporarily. Just be sure to do lots of water changes on that 55. ;)

7. jrow8162

Definitely! Doing another water change tonight. I usually do 3 a week. May have to step that up. I have 2 filters on there now too. As much as I hate that its overstocked it looks great!!! I'll have to take some pictures and post them. My LFS is gonna see about getting it replaced for me by the manufacturer. That would be awesome since its leaking out of the seal at the bottom. Doesnt look like an easy tank to reseal.