1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My tanks I started

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by caronsd, Aug 10, 2008.

1. caronsd

caronsd Thread Starter New Member

Here are the pictures of my tanks, I'm still working on the 55 and I plan on planting more in the 30 when my stuff comes in the mail.

2. caronsd

Let me know what you think and if you can identify the cichlid

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks good. The "Cichlid and Pleco" picture... That's an aratus. He'll be very mean and likely kill some of your others (Depending on what else you have in the tank).

4. caronsd

He's been living with the current fish he is in with for about a year now, they get along pretty good, he sleeps with the oscar in the same hole.

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's because he's still a baby. :D

6. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

yeah, i had one too. let me tell you he was a handful when he wanted to be.
    i like the tanks, just make sure that when you turn your 55 into a cichlid tank,
    provide them with plenty of hidding places, nooks and crannies.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Are you planning on keeping the angels in with the african cichlids? If so, I would recommend strongly against that idea. Those long beautiful fins would be a great target for cichlid aggression.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I forgot to mention that I liked your tanks! :D

9. caronsd

No the angel situation is temporary. I got all these fish from the same guy who wanted to get rid of them, they were all in a smaller tank together previously to me owning them. I'm moving the angels to a 30 gal tall tank. Right now they are the biggest aggressors in the tank lol, the oscar is a wuss

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Oscars arent really "aggressive" in my experience, they just tend to eat anything they can fit in their mouths. What I mean is that I have never had an oscar that went out looking for a fight just to be mean they more or less cruise to find something to swallow! :eek: Thats a great lot of fish to get from someone btw congrats!

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lovin' the 30 gallon community setup. Very nice!