1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Naja aka Guppy Grass

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by B Haley, Aug 18, 2009.

1. B Haley

B Haley Thread Starter New Member

I have about a 900g pond right outside my kitchen window and we let it go green this summer when we found out that the minnows,Toads and Frogs loved it for breeding, we have already had 3 rounds of frog/toad tadpoles and could be working on a 4th if all the amphibians present say anything.

Anyway.....The guppy grass in the 60g grows so quickly that every couple of weeks I will take a couple of handfulls out and throw it in that pond, I thought it was a FLOATING plant... not!! It has taken root in that pond and with the all day sunshine it is taking over!!! I have actually started pulling it out and throwing it away. I am not sure if it will make it thru a MI winter.

The only good thing is that it does add oxygen to the water with all that algae in there.

LOL, maybe by the end of summer I will see the bottom of that pond again.

2. James0816

James0816 New Member

RAOK: Guppy Grass. Just pay shipping.

LOL

Sry....couldn't resist.

3. B Haley

B Haley Thread Starter New Member

~smile~

4. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Be careful introducing things from your tanks into the wild, you may want to check, Naja may be considered a noxious weed.