1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

"Natural" tanks - no filter

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Stellaluna, Feb 13, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

oh, ok... I understand now ;)

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I'm looking into setting up my 55 gal "El Natural". Need to find a place to get large amt of inexpensive plants. May save on substrate cost but the cost of plants equals out to about the same set up cost IMO.

3. susankat

susankat Member

This was my NPT, you can see one powerhead in the front, there was another on the opposite end in the back.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y13_susankat_DSC00631_edited.jpg

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I'm working on setting up 10 ten gallon tanks to that will keep a steady ecosystem. One is almost complete, but I do need to do a water change soon.... The other one I just started on. The basis on the "food chain" is daphnia and snails. I'm still working out what plants to use. Amazon Swords seem a darn good choice, and I already have Java Moss and Duck weed.... (Anyone want some duck weed?)

My 40 gallon tank is also slowly working it's way up to the same idea. Once I get everything established I'm turning off those filters =P

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Is that Hygrophila Rosanervig I see in the back?

6. susankat

susankat Member

Yes, its good in NPT tanks as it takes up lots of nutriants.

7. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I think it is one of the prettiest aquarium plants out there, however I can see why it is on the federally banned list as fast as it grows.