1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

ned's fish factory: Millis, MA

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by trajik ink, Sep 7, 2008.

1. trajik ink

trajik ink Thread Starter New Member

Ned's Fish Factory

i went to ned's today and was dissappointed when i seen their saltwater selection, their prices weren't so bad but as saltwater goes.....not too much.
    they had a pretty good variety of corals but nothing that special to me.....
    i wanted to buy a coral so bad today and skipped going to tropic isle and decided to take the 30 min. ride to ned's for nothing.......
    as far as freshwater goes....lots of selection and some oddballs as well!!!
    whole bunch of cichlids!!!! if you own a freshwater tank it's worth going to neds but for saltwater....if your not close to them don't bother wasting your time without calling to see if they have something your looking for.....

2. fishfirst

fishfirst New Member

Re: ned's fish factory in millis,ma

o.k. here is an easier way sorry for not saing anything before but anyways here it is.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Ned's saltwater selection is pretty limited.

The good thing about him though, you can request anything and he'll order it for you as long as it's on his list.

4. trajik ink

yeah, but i can order from another store that's 10min. away in newton,ma.

5. trajik ink

oh thx for the link fishfirst, but i don't think i'll be going there anytime soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

hey trajik ink whats the store in natick?Is it pet world?Or is it a good fish store?

7. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

The first time I went to this store, I wasn't very impressed. But lately I've liked it more and more. They don't have a huge selection of saltwater fish, but they have a pretty good freshwater selection. I also love the fact that I've found two fish at Ned's that I really wanted to get that I haven't been able to find anywhere else (Adolfo's Cory and Bearded Cory).

8. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Wow old post and old review lol that was back when I was only into basic community fish. Just to update, Ned's pretty much gets 99% of my aquarium business. The 1% would be petco only for NLS and tetra water safe. Though still true that they don't have much for saltwater, you can find any kind of freshwater fish you could imagine! From the rarest/ common plecos to cichlids you usually only see for sale online, ned's has it all. The staff (Ned, Dan, and Sam) are all extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and will answer any questions you might have. Prices are good, and they can order anything they have on their lists for you.

9. heatherine

heatherine Member

the Ned's website states they have practically no saltwater fish...maybe he spotted this post and added it to his website :)

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Noctu, what did you scoop up the adolfo's for?