1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

need heater & filter help for 29g tall

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Leslie, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

i was needing to know
    I have a 29 gal tall tank. i need to know what heater to use to make the water the same heat all the way around. I have never seen a long enought heater to make it close to the bottom. also i need to know how to make my filter actully reach half way to the bottm. or long enought. so if anyone knows please help me. i want to try to set it up this week.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You can by two small 15 gallon heaters and place one on each side about halfway down the tank wall for the best circulation of heat. As for the filter it should be premade to be long enough if it is big enough for your aquarium, if not it will come with a removable section so that you can lengthen or shorten the intake tube.

3. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

you should get a submersable heater, i would say 50-100 watts.

4. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

I didn't even know you could do that with a heater. I always figured id get electrocuted if the wires were in the water. does it have to be a special heater?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

100 watts

i have a 29 two