1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

need help with green water

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Leslie, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Not that quickly, especially with two water changes.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have to defend here... I am anal about where my fish food goes, even my 2 older kids have to pull a chair out to reach it and they know how to feed all the fish. I was so concerned with watching my cichlid the other morning that I accidentally left it on the entertainment center and my youngest plopped a whole hand full in while I was in the shower. It has taken me a week to get everything right again. I hope I have learned my lesson and it won't happen again, but in her defense, when you have 3 kids running around and you are concerned about something else, you can sit something down where you shouldn't....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I agree things can be sat down in the wrong place, but with that said I am trying to give advice on ways to avoid the problem, you dont want it to happen, then educate your kids. If they still dont know whats right and wrong then dont let them feed the fish, they will soon learn.

4. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

They dont feed the fish at all. she just likes to sneak and follow me to where i hide it to just get it and pretend to feed them. and well she fed them that day. and as far as educating them you can do all you want kids will find a way to do what they arnt suppost to!!

and as far as asking if i put the cemicals in the water, yes i did. and i made sure they fish water that they were in was the same as what i put in. also i did do the wait 30 minutesand start doing the water add and so that they could adjust too.