1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New Angel Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I think that's the one I had before in my tank (towards the beginning) and it didn't do well for me. Might have it mistaken with another, but pretty sure.

2. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I was just looking at the Anubis, Wisteria and Marsilea minuta (not sure of a common name for that one) and they're all doing really well. They're growing new roots and new foliage.

The ludwigia repens you sent me, does that generally grow fast ?

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Not super fast like the cabomba, but I would say medium if I had to classify it.
    More about them here>> <a class="postlink" href="http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/plantspecies/p/redrepens.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/plant ... repens.htm</a>

4. Anthony

Okay. I'm hoping it grows at a decent rate so I can get some cuttings. I think that's my favorite plant in the tank.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I know, I like it too outta all the plants in the tank (looks the nicest and is the easiest in my opinion--no algae issues on leaves either).

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I know nothing about plants :) Though i gotta say it looks really nice anthony, Why did you want to borrow someone elses aquascaping skills :)

7. Anthony

Thanks.

Because I have absolutely no sense of plant placement. :)

8. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Not many of us do have a good sense of that Anthony... we plant... it grows and we realize it would look better somewhere else... :)

Either that or you plant and get sick of looking at that layout... My layout as you all who have been here and seen the evolution of my 125 KNOW my tank has had about 30 different layouts... yes I did leave some out of the pictures because the layout did not last long because I hated it! :)

And those that like the way my 125 looks now... I got news... I am getting sick of this layout too... I have been just too busy to change it.... I have new ideas that I will do later too! (ie: getting rid of ALL that freaking stargrass for good! :) )

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Your not the only one to have multiple layouts.
    I am CONSTANTLY rearranging this or that...plucking this one..adding that one. Lol!

Glad I'm not alone :)

10. Anthony

I took a quick video tonight. As you can see there's algae growing on the driftwood which is why I added the 5 Otto Cats. They've been going crazy over it and I even caught them schooling with the Cory Cats a few times.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Love it. It looks awesome. I just love angels. The fish with the attitude!

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Looking good!
    Just wait until those plants start filling in.

13. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

fish and tank looks great !

14. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I've never seen any of my corys be so active as yours in this 2 minuts :) The angels look even smaller in the vid! :D

15. Anthony

Thanks guys.

Yeah my cories are extremely active. They've even been schooling with the Otto Cats as they cruise across the tank.

16. LemonDiscus

I still think that 20 gallon is too small.... Those Angels are going to grow out FAST if you maintain the water correctly... They will overgrow that tank before you know where your pair is.

How often have you been feeding/changing water?

---Amendment---

All it takes is a 55 Gallon tank and you can keep all of them you have (again with proper water-care as even a 55 will become borderline overstocked with 10 Angels...)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I got 9 angels and ended up with 4 pair and one renegade from the group. I had to get a 29 gallon for each pair. Talk about fight! I know some keep several in a 55 gallon but it sure didn't work for me. Too many pairs, I think.

18. Anthony

I'm changing the water 3 times a week and feeding twice a day.

19. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

I'm sure Anthony won't keep 7 Angels in the tank when they get too large

I don't understand why you keep suggesting a 55 for all of them when he clearly stated he's not keeping them all :confused:

20. LemonDiscus

Thats good! :D
    I never said he was going to and I know he wont... problem is that they will be quite large when they do start pairing. Pairs dont develop until ALMOST adult size. Of course the grow past when they start to pair but they are still quite large by then.

I know what you mean I had a pair in a 125 and Angels get MEAN once they want to defend a nesting site! Quite humerus to watch when you are used to seeing them as a peaceful shoaling fish! They act all big and bad.... lol... even to hands in the tank! I have got nipped NUMEROUS times by Angels and cant help but to think "Do you all think that really hurts?!?!" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.