1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

newbie Philippines

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by mujacko2002, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mujacko2002

mujacko2002 Thread Starter New Member

Mabuhay!

Hi folks, wow, i thought for awhile i went to BayWatch website...eheheheh

@Anthony
    i like rain-water for my tank it perks up my plants. But accdg to what i've read on the net its not really ideal for aquarium use but hey its working for me..hehehehe. But i am most concerned on the metal stand of my tank because it's exposed to the elements and may get rusty a little bit too soon.

Updates
    After finishing the chores around the house, i planted my remaining plants temporarily placed in cups and i am so really amazed by the amount of roots developed using different types of soil. Since the plants have roots already i just hope that it will not have a hard-time acclimating in its new spot. The changes are so minimal, i only re-planted 2 plants, cut some stem plants here and there, thats it.
    View attachment ahost_a.net_mujacko2002_DSC02619.JPG_thumb.png View attachment ahost_a.net_mujacko2002_DSC02618.JPG_thumb.png

View attachment ahost_a.net_mujacko2002_DSC02625.JPG_thumb.png View attachment ahost_a.net_mujacko2002_DSC02627.JPG_thumb.png View attachment ahost_a.net_mujacko2002_DSC02630.JPG_thumb.png

I'll be adding soon a 2x T5HO so that i can view it at night and as supplementary lights.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Again thank you friends,

Godbless

2. mujacko2002

mujacko2002 Thread Starter New Member

Mabuhay!

Last of my updates since gonna be busy this coming month. till then.

ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc47_mujacko2002_DSC02646.jpg
    --the current look of my tank...and the plants seems to be growing close to each other but .....i like it!!! hehehe

ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc47_mujacko2002_DSC02641.jpg
    --almost all of the stem plants are reaching the water surface but i will put on hold my pruning sheers for the moment.

ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc47_mujacko2002_DSC02647.jpg
    --my water lettuce is breeding like rabbits. whew!

ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc47_mujacko2002_DSC02642.jpg
    --my dwarf water lotus has flowered again.

thanks for any response/suggestions

Godbless