1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

old into new

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by lethalcustoms00, Mar 29, 2010.

1. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

i have a 55 that houses tang cichlids right now that i have become a little bored with and want to try something new. maybe some fish that i can do plants with. any ideas

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Well, I'm a fan of Guppies, Endler's, and my own gems, Heterandria formosa (dwarf livbearer)

3. lethalcustoms00

guppies, mollys, plattys are all out of the question. I need something to keep my intrest peaked. my sister keeps plattys that breed already. i do like the idea of something that will reproduce for me.

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Try shrimp? As many different types as you can? Or Crayfish? I have a blue one, he looks amazing! *outta ideas XD*

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

What about dwarf cichilds? Apistogramma agassizii or apisto cacatuoides (Cockatoo dwarf cichlid) are good and will breed. Not like guppies or mollies.

6. lethalcustoms00

are they alright with plants though? I had thought about some rams, theyare a dwarf too

7. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Actually they prefer a well planted tank? They can go in with rams from what I've read. But you know cichlids everyone is different. My Kribs ran everyone out of the tank today because they had babies. Luckily I had a 55 gal set up for the angels.