1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Petsmart (Not Happy)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Leslie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

Petsmart

Okay as i told you all i was going to go to get some fish today. well i went to petsmart because I couldnt find one place and the other only had big fish. well i got 1 frog, 1 catfsh, and 3 micky mouse fish. well i just let them outta the bags into the tank. Now the only fish that are swiming around would be 1 mickey mouse fish and the catfish. the other are dead or dying. i just got these fish not that long ago and they are already acting bad. i think the mickey fish are doing bad because the guy there only put a very very small amount of water in the bag for 3 fish. and the frog was because i got it when i got there and wanted to look and make sure i wanted the other fish. only taken 5 minutes and the one sales person ran off to help another person and i stood there for a hour waiting then i decided to have them call someone. i am so freaken mad!!!

2. caronsd

caronsd New Member

Re: Not happy!!!!!

they have a 15 day guarantee as far as I know. You shouldnt be afraid to ask them to put more water in or put fish back if htey've been in a bag for too long. Also did you test your water first? and did you just instantly put them in your tank? THey may have gone into shock if they are introduced to fast to new temps and parameters, I usually let mine acclimate the water temps in the bags with the tank before i release.

3. Leslie

no.. i sat them in the top for 10 minutes. put a little water in ach bag. did it agian 20 minutes later. and the let them sit then let them go. i know they have a 14 day thing but i just got the freaken things. im so mad. i am fixen to call down there and complain big time.

4. caronsd

caronsd New Member

It was probably just the shock of transportation an relocation, it happens sometimes i guess.

5. Leslie

wouldnt they all be in shock? i am so mad.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Did you test your water before placing the fish in the tank ?

7. Leslie

they tested it. said it was fine.

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Did they tell you what the parameters were ? Did you buy a test kit ?

9. Leslie

the sales person didnt stay around long enought to tell me and i forgot to get a test kit. i was just so mad. i am going to try to go tomarrow to get everything for the kit.

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Okay. Add some aqua safe for 5 gallons of water just to be safe. Hopefully it's just stress and shock.

11. Leslie

ok. now the other 2 fish are swimming a little. but i didnt look at the frog. i will when i get anohter chance. im fixing to call and complain.

12. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Also never add pet store water to your tanks

13. Leslie

i didnt. i got them out of the bags with the net. thats how i found this out. i think the frog is ok. i looked in the tank and i think it maybe hiding.

14. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Okay good :)

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Keep us updated on the fish and I'd like to know what the pet store says if you don't mind.

16. Leslie

i just got off the phone with the petsmart manager, not the one over fish. but he took my name and number and said he would tell the person over fish to call me tomarrow. and he also said he doesnt want a bad reflection on the store. I drove 30 minutes to get there. could have went to walmart 10 minutes away. i just cant belive i waited a hour.

17. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Honestly, I can believe you waited an hour. I've been to PetsMart several times when I was in a jam and waited forever. Getting help in there is like finding one fry in a tank full of java moss. :)

Depending on your final experience you should post a review after it's all sorted out. ;)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

whne bagging fish you should always have 1/3 water and 2/3 air. Also, that sounds like the water may be to cold or either to noxious for the fish to survive. I remember reading another post where you cleaned your tank with bleach, maybe that has something to do with the ill fated mickeys.

19. Leslie

only reason i waited so long is because i thought the sales person would be right back. and i already had the frog and th catfish. they had better give me a discount for the next time or something.

20. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The aqua safe should have removed the chlorine. She let it sit in the tank with 3x the amount.