1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Petsmart (Not Happy)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Leslie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Not happy!!!!!

so sad...I know when I buy fish from a place not so close to home I bring my own transport tank with a battery op. air hose..when we got the sting ray, I was not prepared, they tested my water, (I take samples EVERY time I go, just in case!) and I asked them to x-large bag alot of o2..how long had the store had these fish?? Did they JUST come in?? I always ask, and NEVER buy "new-bee's" Our ray was at the store for 3 weeks. If you bought fish that JUST came in the switching is very traumatic for them. Petco/petland does offer a 14 day return with a water sample..........I don't shoppe petco at all for fish, but will pick up supplies now and again because of the crummy service there I know the workers at petco, as I buy feeders ever couple of days from them..I found my discus there (69.95)and watched him for several weeks after telling them to hold him for me..the mgr, is wonderful, and knew why! Feel free to ask for a MANAGER if you feel your service sux..say why, and be a bit demanding, if you are really nice, you are always last to be h :evil: helped even if you were there first!.this kind of thing really makes me mad, e-mail the ceo and spout off

2. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

How are they doing this morning

3. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

they arnt hiding, and are swimming around. looking alot better.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's great! :D

5. Leslie

well i havnt talked to anyone from petsmart yet. they havnt called back. im giving them till 5 before i contact corparate.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Is the the manager of the fish area that's supposed to be calling you ?

7. Leslie

yes. the manager from the fish area is whom is suppost to be calling me.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would be willing to bet money that they dont call you, see I think they figure that youll be so mad if they dont call you that you will swim :D on over to the store and then you will more than likely spend a little more money with them after your satisfied by the manager's smoozing. Gotta love big corporations!

9. Leslie

well i wrote to corparate and hopefully they will do something. i didnt think they would call me either. i will not buy nothing else there unless they give me a giftcard or a big discount.

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I would have called the store once more asking for that specific manager. If anything else, if that manager wasn't there I'd ask for any manager and get the corporate phone number from him. That will concern him and let him know how serious you are about the situation.

11. Leslie

OK. I got a e-mail back and they told me to go fill out another thing and that it would be sent to corporate. that makes me even more mad.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Why don't you call the corporate office ?

13. Leslie

i may tomarrow. my head is killing me. and kids are screaming.

14. Leslie

i just got another e-mail. so i just called they are so stupid. they said that comeone from corporate would call me in the next 24 to 48 hours.. that makes me even more mad.

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's like a never ending wait. When I called a corp office I never had to wait for a call back. I always spoke with someone right then and got the problem resolved.

If it comes down to it you can file a BBB complaint.

16. Leslie

i will never shop there agian. i did speak to someone but they told me that corporate would call me back. now i will have to wait for that call if and when they ever do call. the manager didnt call me back either.

17. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

ok i have to ask how did you cycle the tank? if these are the first fish you have put in since setting it up i would like to suggest water changes daily like a gallon or 2.
    They make a product that kind of jump starts the good stuff in the tank i have never used it i always use a seeded filter.

18. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The only product that actually jump starts the tank is BioSpira and it's hard to find.

Leslie, did you go get your test kit today ?

19. Leslie

i went to get one today at a little pet store. they had none. so i went to walmart to get one, they didnt have any. i got a ph kit thought.

20. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

pH is the least of your worries though, especially with those fish.

You should do as posted above and change a gallon or two of the water and treat with aqua safe.