1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Petsmart

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Petsmart

I just found out that if you go to petsmarts website and find what you want and print out a copy of the item and online price, then take that to the store and they will honor the discount. Petco, however, will not do this.

2. crazedpuffer

crazedpuffer New Member

I'm pretty sure they do that with all things from all stores actually.
    For example if you go to your LFS and buy lets say Prime, for 1.99, and go to Petsmart and show them the receipt they will match the price too.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

O yeah definetly, but most stores will not any internet prices, even their own.

4. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

i like petsmart. i buy aot from there. they have good people, ive been to the ones in massaponix va

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I buy most of my fish from Petsmart

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I think if you only have them and petco...Petsmart is way better on their fish care! (at least in my area)

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

My fiance is a groomer at Petsmart so I go there a lot. I've been VERY pleased with what I get from there. I haven't lost any fish I've gotten from there. The fish staff seem to know a good deal about fish, although sometimes I teach them a few things haha.

Petco however: I became somewhat friends with a guy that works at the one 3 minutes from my house and he told me his store (idk about all Petcos) get their fish shipments from Sun Fish and that a lot of them come to the store dead, missing fins/eyeballs/scales, mixed into the wrong bags, all kinds of messed up stuff. Also, he said most of their plants arrive basically decayed.

Petco is 3 minutes from my house, Petsmart is 25 minutes from my house... I make the drive to Petsmart.

8. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

I learned my lesson about Petco the hard way. I've never bought a fish from there that wasn't sick... Fungus has been a big problem for me with fish from Petco. I don't go there anymore...

9. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Fin and Feather if you live in Richmond, VA... :)

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i prefer petsmart over petco..petco is going out of business soon anyway...

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

good! they should be. Everything they sell is in a tank full of dead fish. The only thing I like is they sell bamboo shrimp and I haven't seen them anywhere else.

12. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

I haven't heard anything about Petco going out of business... I'm with you guys though. No more fish from there ever again.

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Petco is good for bamboo shrimp and the moss balloon balls, anything else aquatic and I'd suggest go elsewhere.

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

The sell the moss balls? like the ones from Japan?

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

not exactly like the marimo that your referring to...It's Java moss growing off this ball like thing that has a piece of fishing string and a weight coming off it...so you can move it anywhere you want it in the tank. I wanna say the ball is like a pingpong ball, but brown in color --using this reference because it floats (hence the fishing string and weight). So far, I've only found them at petco and on e-bay. <a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Moss-Balloon-Live-aquarium-plant_W0QQitemZ110351792600QQihZ001QQcategoryZ66794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/Moss-Balloon-Live-a ... dZViewItem</a>

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

will petsmart match other prices from competitors?

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

depends on the mgr.
    I know mine has as long as you have a current ad and it's not a percentage off or a bogo deal. And of course it doesn't include any type of livestock! And they will call the store to have it verified that it is in stock there also.

They wouldn't match online ads because they said they couldn't verify and the shipping fluctuates.

18. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

I was in Petsmart last weekend. They had some mixed african cichlids for $4.50 a piece! I asked the guy why they were so cheap and he said they were even cheaper a couple of days before. Tanks were really clean and the guy was pretty knowledgeable. I always pay around 7 bucks for those fish...

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I've been able to score similar deals on their aquatics too. The thing the bugs me about them is that their prices fluctuate...One day you can go in there and they'll have tropicals for $1.00 and the next time the same tank will run $3.00 a clip.

But if you pop in every now and then and can score a deal on a healthy looking fish...your golden!

20. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

All of the fish looked really good. Although, petco fish looked good too until I took them home. I'm picking up a new tank in a week or two from a co-worker. I'm gonna buy a bunch of those mixed africans from PetSmart as soon as I get it cycled. Although, the store I frequent now will most likely price match for me...