1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Pic of one of my Rams

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by jrow8162, Jun 13, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yep, I would defin hold off for a bit. Sorry to hear about the ich...I know how aggrovating that has to be for ya.

2. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

Thanks, hopefully I can save him. I'm at work now so I guess i'll find out when I get back home...

3. Aironia

Aironia New Member

ooo another ram lover!!

i have four in my tank, three females and one large male. They do love being in groups but have their lil spats. the most Ive seen from them towards themselves and the other fish in my tank is the lip locking thing they do. the Germans will chase off the Bolivians (the Bolivians are very indifferent to this..they allow themselves to be chased off ) or they will do their lip lock thing on the forehead of the Bolivian.

i have never had probs with these fish. Not sure why ppl say they are testy. I clean my tank once a week (looks like everyone on here does that), i feed them alot i think. probably to much. why i clean the tank every week. But i feed them everything. and they eat everything. i spend WAY to much on about eight different foods. frozen, live and dried foods, not to mention pellets and flakes.

i dunno if its just me but these things change color. one day they are blue the next golden and today i was checking out my male and he was a VERY bright red.
    One of the females bellies has gotten a bright red too. from what Ive read i might be seeing a spawn!!

Anyway good luck with yours. lemme know how it goes! Id like to know if you see the color changes.
    ohhh and do any of yours have copper colored spots anywhere on them?

4. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

I used to see the color changes. I lost the other one today... Tested my water and it was perfect! I'm gonna try again soon. What size tank do you keep yours in? Guy at LFS said I might wanna try putting rams in a bigger tank. I had mine in a 20 long...

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sorry to hear that (one that passed). I know how determined you are to keep the lil buggers. Lol!

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Yeah, sorry for your loss. Could've been the possible ich :|

Looks like you really have succes with em Aironia! I'd like to try em once so bad :) They look just gorgeus <<-- spellcheck :)

7. Aironia

Aironia New Member

aww im sorry!! keep trying though.

my tank is a 65g. ive always believed larger fish tanks are more forgiving. in little tanks i dont try anything iffy. But then im all thumbs.