1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

plants suggestions for 6.5 ph and 84 temp

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by FishVixen, Feb 14, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

That sounds amazing. My 4 cats would be going crazy better than catnip,

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I built by own hood... I have 6 4' bulbs in my hood... 1 ballast (2 bulbs) is in the ODNO configuration...

I also have blue LEDs under my hood for night time...

Yes build your own hood and the options are endless..

3. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

crypts melt, its transplant shock and like you witnessed, dawn, they did come back, i stated in another thread I think that my crypts have let off a few daughters that I will be planting in the new discus tank maybe tomorrow now,(wifey is feeling sick and last thing I need is her whining for something to drink while im armpit deep in the fish tanks.) But the crypts do melt literally, almost disingrating, the leaves usually come back a little bigger and deeper colors.

The crypts I got are about a year old in my tank now and have been in 3 tanks so far and still survived. also you cant plant them deep, there is a rhizome on there a horizontal trunk lets say that stays on the top of the substrate and roots down as it spreads much like java ferns and anubias.