1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Possible Fish To Put In My 10 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by California Cowgirl, Feb 20, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

hahahahaha lol no worries about going off topic :D and i've tried neon tetra's and the instantly died. And also for an update on my african dwarf frog, he ended up dying last night, along with one of my new marigold's so now i'm down to 1 fish and 5 frogs in my 10 gallon. And as much as i love african butterfly fish i think i'll take the advice from noctuvide and not get one, just because of them jumping out of their tanks

oh and this site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.azgardens.com/c-78-miscellaneous-aquarium-fish.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.azgardens.com/c-78-miscellan ... -fish.aspx</a> has some cool looking endlers and killifish for sale, so maybe i can get away with some of those, but try to find them somewhere cheaper

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

You gotta know Cow,man that doesn't sound right...Cowgirl..there that sounds much better...that a 10 gallon is more difficult to keep stable. Larger volumes of water are more foregiving for "mistakes" or "fluctuations"...keep the 10 lightly stocked and I'm sure things will go better for you!
    I'm sorry to hear about the frog, I was hoping he would have made it...would you like me to say a word in his behalf? Or is it too late, has the flush already been done?
    *rifles through her papers looking for the froggy funeral bible*

3. California Cowgirl

haha yea, i just don't know what had happend to the tank, nothing has changed in the past few months :/ and lol the frog and the fish had already been flushed, and once i get my tank back to normal, i think i want to order the endlers, and the site said they eat algae and i need somethig that does since i can't get a algae eater. And i really wish i could get a bigger tank, and i really want one badly. But no money, no space, and the parents are the issue :(

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Endler's won't eat algae like a sucker mouth type fish.

5. California Cowgirl

ohhh ok, well maybe the size of them would be ok at least, says they only get up to 1" and that would be perfect for a 10 gallon, but i won't get anything else until my tank turns stable again, and i may move my frogs into my 5 gallon and make it an easy planted aquarium especially since i only have 5 of them now, they should fit ok in there, or at least split them 3 and 2

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think that the reason you are losing fish is beause your tank is working out its own stocking levels. Whether you like it or not, a tank will "decide" how many occupants it can support, much like the earth, and the carrying capacity of a ten gallon tank is not very great.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You will not want to put Endler's with frogs.

8. California Cowgirl

yea :( it sucks

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I understand the parent issues, I was there at one point myself!
    Sounds like your heading in the right direction...Turn the 5gallon into froggyland and take that 10g and use it as a lightly planted tank with some easy growers/hardy specimens.
    If you like just 1 fish you can put a betta in there and some corydoras' on the bottom. Just depends on what you like, but remember...stock lightly.

10. California Cowgirl

ok, maybe my 5 gal hex would have nough room for all 5 then

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

For the frogs? or for the endlers?

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's what I was about to ask.

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I think she means for all 5 frogs...the hex that is.

14. California Cowgirl

i don't think the frogs would do anything to the fish, i watched my albino cory catfish swim right on top of one of my frogs and it didn't do anything. And they also just stay at the bottom of the tank, and every now and then swim up to the surface for airSo maybe the fish more than the frogs?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The cory is bigger than the frogs, the endlers are not.

16. California Cowgirl

ohhh, i looked back up to the quote, i meant the frogs :D and it would just be them and plants

17. California Cowgirl

right now it's about half the size as the frogs, and but the person who i asked about them if they would be ok with adf's said it would be fine with them as they wouldn't get bigger than the frogs

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have no fear that the corys and the frogs will get along its the frogs eating the tiny endlers that i am worried about

19. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Someone told you Endler's and frogs can go together ?

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

okay, i got lost somewhere...what are you/were you planning in each tank.
    what is going in the 5 gallon hex?_______
    What is going in the 10gallon?_____
    -->Hate being confused! Arg! Lol!