1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Progession of a 46 gallon reef tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Jul 25, 2009.

1. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

the corals look really nice... ;)

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

The Bubble is looking even cooler now, Tho I like the birdsnest too ! ;)

3. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

so ive had my first injury in my tank.

my female clownfish got caught in my mj1200 powerhead. so glad i was hear because she was going to die from not being able to free herself. She now has a round circle on her left side and looks like flesh is showing. She's doing ok though so i hope she heals and pulls through

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I bet she'll be fine! It amazing what damage a fish can take and keep trucking through...

BTW I like your tank! Its getting nicer and nicer!

5. California Cowgirl

thanks, she seems to be doing ok, she was bitting my arm a lot harder than she normally does so i think she will be ok.

and thanks. I'm not sure how much longer i will have the tank now. i am hoping to leave home by the end of the year. And will either sell the entire setup or just the livestock. So im pretty much a little hesitant now on how much more money i want to put into the tank. This is all still in the planning stages and i guess it all depends on how much money i am going to be able to save up, so im hoping to put one paycheck a month into my savings and see what goes from there :D

6. California Cowgirl

redid my aquascape today
    008.JPG

7. California Cowgirl

another update:

theres a very good chance that i will have little ones swimming around in my tank if they survive.

my clowns are acting like they are about to breed. My female has extreme aggression issuses and so does the male, they are constantly chasing and nipping at my firefish for the past two weeks, all started when i got my new corals, my firefish now has nipped fins and is extremly docile so i am going to order a royal gramma on monday to help relieve the firefish

another breeding behavior is the clowns seem to be hosting a large hole in one of my rocks. She keeps on going back to the hole and like checking it out throughout the day and swims inside like she is hosting it, and male does the same thing but at different times. Oh and the female has been biting at me even harder than normal, she usually just does constant poking at my arm and now is biting at me so hard it actually hurts

so there is a very strong possibility that i will have some fry in my tank if they survive past the egg stage, but i dont think they will survive

8. California Cowgirl

got a few new additions :D i got 5 chromis to make the clowns stop bullying my firefish, now i finally have peace in my tank. Sorry for the bad video quality the chromis appear kind of dull but their a nice blue on the top of the bodies and a like light green/white on teh bottom

9. buzz4520

it appears that the chromis have adjusted really nice to your tank.. :D
    your tank and fish looks really nice ;)

10. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

Is the firefish still eating?

Rick

11. California Cowgirl

thanks guys! and yea the firefish is thankfully still eating, wa just being bullied nonstop for no reason

12. California Cowgirl

got my new moonlight. it's sooo cool! i love watching the water shimmer, and my bubble is actually staying open! at night it usually closes shut but i think with the new moonlight it will stay open.

i took a pic but my camera sucks, it cant bring out the color of the corals but at least you get the idea. and the fish are currently sleeping in the rocks but the chromis seemt o be getting more and more comfortable with the new moonlight and coming out a bit more.

I also had some chromis fighting today while they were establishing pecking order, two of them have battle wounds with white patches on their heads, hopefully they will heal soon
    024.JPG

13. California Cowgirl

within a few days i have gone from 5 chromis to 2. I have $100 saved up to spend at the lfs next weekend, so im hoping my new additions will be a McCoskers flasher Wrasse, Royal Gramma, and a couple of nice zoa colonies

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sorry about the chromis...but the tank is looking great kiddo!

15. buzz4520

sorry about your chromis... :(

16. Lanvin87

Lanvin87 New Member

Would you please list all main equpments you have on this tank?(lighting, filters, powerheads, skimmer and maybe smth else...) It would be very helpful for beginners like me. And what is the white bag hanging behind of your tank? Is that a filter?
    And in the video looks like your powerheads were blowing away your chromis. May it be the reason they didnt survive?

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

[scratch] umm..she did list the equipment on page 1

18. Lanvin87

Lanvin87 New Member

I guess lots of addings and changes hav been made no?