1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

question regarding fry

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by BROOKS, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BROOKS

BROOKS Thread Starter New Member

Hey ya'll it's been way too long..so since i was last here my tank has been running amazingly...but i recentley stunbled upon something amazing...my fish has babies LOTS of babies..about 50 to 100 maybe even more...i need advice on what t do next...she has been guarding them with her life from my convict and i just took him out..and now she is in the tank safe should i take more care of them or just leave them be and let the mother do the raising???

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

What type of fish are we talking about? Most cichlids will parent raise.

3. BROOKS

Well the father is the convict and i think the mother is a False Firemouth. if not she is something that looks nearly identical to that

4. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I say let the mother parent raise.

5. WynterNyghtmare

WynterNyghtmare New Member

I agree with HBIC it's cheaper and easier on you imo, but I'd watch them close just in case, plus Hybrids can have problems as they get older so be on the look out for that as well, and if you take them to your lfs be sure to let them know that they are hybrids, because most people don't like hybrids very much (Me included)
    Other than that Good luck and congrats on the babies.

6. BROOKS

Okay thank you for the advice i will be sure to keep a close eye on them