1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Questions regarding Food, Schooling, Plant Identification

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: A few general questions

Wow! Those two look very similar! I believe what I have is Corydoras Aeneus. The only noticeable green is mainly under his eyes, a little "green" pocket shaped area. He has a little green down his body, but not very noticeable.

I am going tomorrow to get two more so he's not alone. I am also going to read up on breeding corys since almost everyone has them and they are kept in schools of about 3-6, and at $4.00/each they get expensive. I would sell mine locally (if they bred) for like $2/each. That is more reasonable in my opinion.

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea I wouldn't believe a word from any one at petsmart, The stop carrying the Dwarf Puffer because it "Brackish" when it one of the only freshwater puffer in the hobby that I know of. They said they couldn't keep it alive because it was a "Brackish" fish, when the real reason is they were feed them flake food and saying they could have flack food.

Only 1 out of 10 will even touch the stuff, and 100% of them that do will die of malnutrition if it a staple food.

They also say you can have one per gallon of water because it only grows an inch, but you need 2.5 to 5 gallons per fish because they are territorial.

So after that I never believe any petsmart/fishdumb people.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, them saying because they're "brackish" is a total lie. They sell the dragon goby, mollies, and fiddler crabs just to name a few, that are brackish so your reason behind it is the truth.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I know it true because I did my reachsearch be for I even asked an employee about them, I have want the little guys for close to 3 years now, but never had the time or supplies to care for them until now, but now I have no room for the blasted tank!!!

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Doesn't matter the variation..they'll group. I have Bronze and ALbino's and they all hang out together in a nice lil community group.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Lessoned Learned: Ask forum before talking to Petsmart employee's haha.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Well at least you learned something new..haha!

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I only know petluvr bred corys but I bett theres a bunch of guys who do them but petluvr is banned.

Also if you want to tell the difference females are often a bit rounder and bigger but It's not always like that :)

9. ira

ira Member

I have got four kinds that have to spawn for me this year

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Noctuvide: Just as an update the cory I got was Brochis splendens and I have since got 2 more so now all 3 are schooling together. I appreciate your input and help!