1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

questions regarding ph- what should it read & how to lower

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

PH Question...

So I bought a little PH tester kit today, because I have never tested my water before, and I'm a bit confused by the literature that came with it. My tank tested at 7.6, but the water right out of my sink tested the same! What should my tank be at.. and how do I get it lowered??? Help!

2. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

that would only make sense if it comes out of the tap the same to lover it you use some peat mosst or drift wood i heard store bought doesnt work(havent done me any good either) you can get a r/o system

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

DO NOT lower your pH unless you absolutely have to. Your ideal pH will depend on the fish you keep. That being said it's always better to keep a stable pH rather then try to keep an ideal pH that is always changing slightly.

4. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea forgot to mention its if your fish like it or not

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

ph swings are more deadly like you going hot to cold then hot and cold