1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Rasbora deaths?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by Anonymous, May 21, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

So in the past 2 weeks I have lost 2 Rasboras and 1 in my tank has some white spots on him (not ich). I am sure he will be dead by tomorrow.

Could this be because of my tank being 80 degrees for the discus? The other fish seem perfect. The temperature requirements go up t 77 degrees for them. I didn't think 3 degrees would be a huge difference so I am thinking it may be something else.

I have 2 platys in there (temporarily) and they're not from the amazon and they are doing fine. Even spawned.

I am confused at what is causing this. [withstupid] [banghead]

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Did you adjust them before adding them...Slowly that is?

White spots can also be velvet.

Do you know if they were wild caught? Wild-caught rasboras frequently manifest "white spot" and "velvet" diseases during handling between collection and delivery to the point of retail sale.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't know if they were wild caught or not, they came from Petsmart so who knows haha. The rasbora I mentioned was found dead before the night was over last night.

They're still under the 14 days but I don't even care, I am not going back to Petsmart lol.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I hear ya, for the few bucks it isn't worth the gas..time..or effort.