1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Red eyed tetras breding????

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by FishVixen, Feb 16, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

This is so strange. The tank just finished cycling last Wed. I cycled with 6 red eyed tetra Tonight 2 are slightly puffy and the other 4 are chasing them. there colors are very bright and they are scurring all over the bottom of the tank. they are usually more near the center or top. I've only had the tank running under 4 weeks. the tetras were given to me to cycle the tank I know nothing about tetras. Let alone how they breed. Any suggestions?

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Let em be, I find it easier to let them go naturally for the first few mating romps then I seperate the eggs or fry.

Mine have done this, all the other fish look on with curiosity.

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks for the info. Not really set up for breeding yet so I'm going to let them just have ther fun where they are. :)