1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Red Sea - Aiptasia X

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

After purchasing two live rock that has several Aiptasia on them I started looking for ways to remove them. I literally removed two with tweezers while in a freshwater bucket. The others were too far in crevices that the tweezers wouldn't remove them. I tried lemon juice on those. It worked on 1 of them but left two unharmed. Red Sea came out with a new product several months ago called Aiptasia X. When I was at my LFS picking up an order I noticed they just got it in with their shipment. I bought a bottle and tried it. It worked great ! The anemones were killed within minutes. Here's a video demo of what it does.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo3DZYdAD2Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo3DZYdAD2Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    aiptasia.jpg

2. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

I got some of this when i picked up my new live rock today and tried it out on the 3 aiptasia I had on the other live rock I already had in the tank. As soon as i put it on their mouth/tentacle area they started to shrink right down and within minutes were completely gone! Love it!

3. Anthony

Did you see them implode ? I thought that was pretty cool. :)

4. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Yea! I've heard the stuff worked, but with new stuff I always have my doubts...but wow! I can't believe it worked that quickly! Thank you Anthony for suggesting it in one of our convos on here in another topic!

5. Anthony

No problem. ;)