1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Redtail

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by jrow8162, Nov 19, 2008.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

2. Fishy Fingers

Fishy Fingers New Member

Nice fish how long is he ?

3. jrow8162

He's about a foot long. I'm trying to find him a new and BIGGER home... He's growing fast and will be too big for my tank soon...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Jrow to update you I have people looking at the fish and I am trying to drum up interest, fyi, its underfed, and possibly has gill curl.

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, that guy does look pretty skinny.

6. jrow8162

He's still a young fish... Eats a large can of Krill about every 2 weeks. I'll try dropping some live food in there to try and fatten him up...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no live food, he needs pellets that are high in protein, massivore delight, and for a fish like that he should eat a can or krill every three days or so lol

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=16872</a> :D
    aa1272.g.akamai.net_7_1272_1121_20070507130913_www.drsfostersme9790d6d9ed94d2819c4c0c355ebab16.jpg

9. jrow8162

I buy the big can these days. Costs me thirty bucks! I've seen those pellets before. I'll pick some up next time i'm in the store. I read before I bought him that feeder fish weren't good for him because of the bones. I have given him worms before though. He seems to like the krill more than anything else...