1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Remodeled 55 Gallon - Amazon Biotope

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Steven! It's drifted a little ways from being a "true" biotope because I had to temporarily house my 2 platys (central american) in there and within a few days I had baby platys in my cabomba! I've had them for about 4 months and they NEVER had fry until I put them into this tank so I am guessing they feel more at home there.

2. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

lol i see why XD

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

very nice and clean looking! I like it!!!

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I know the absence of a background ruins it but I will be getting one soon. I have been procrastinating it but I will also be taking off some of those baby amazons and planting them as well. I also want some more cabomba.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I wish I knew...I just got rid of a huge bucketful. <--Got tired of the constant pruning back and am currently rearranging my tank to be better suited for the constant breeding of bristlenoses that is going on within my setup.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ah! haha it's okay. I'll get some eventually. Money is just kind of tight at the moment because we just moved into a bigger and more expensive apartment and we just got a puppy so I'll start adding additions soon enough haha

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I got a few new additions and here is the current stock list for my Amazon tank.

1 Rubber Lipped Pleco (Chaestoma milesi)
    3 Marlboro Red Discus (Symphysodon sp.)
    5 Neon Tetra Jumbo (Paracheirodon innesi)
    7 Emerald Green Corydoras (Brochis splendens)
    1 Otocinclus Catfish( Otocinclus sp.)
    1 Freshwater Flounder (Achirus lineatus)
    1 Harlequin Rasbora (Rasbora Heteromorpha)
    2 Platies (Xiphophorus maculatus)
    1 Banjo Catfish (Bunocephalus sp.)
    5 Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi)
    2 German Ram (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi)

I know a few species aren't from the amazon but I liked them so I threw them in.

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

When I first read your list I was a bit confused. I knew some of those were not Amazon natives, then I saw your last sentence. :)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Haha yeah. Once I find my banjo catfish in there, he's getting kicked out. He's the one that has been killing my fish. I keep finding them dead in the morning.

AVOID GETTING PREDATORY CATFISH UNLESS YOU HAVE BIGGER FISH haha

lesson learned