1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

river monsters on animal planet

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anthony, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I saw some clips of this show on youtube. To me it seemed more like an episode of Bass Pro Anglers than a documentary on amazonian fish.

This show could've been better given the idea based around it.

2. greg curtis

greg curtis New Member

Yeah the guy is basically a fisherman and not much background on the fish but its the only thing really on tv dealing with larger fish.

3. justonemoretank

justonemoretank New Member

This River Monsters show is starting to become annoying. If they showed the re-enactment of someone getting pulled under the water one more time during the Goonch one, I think I would have turned it off! A decent show, but could be about a half-hour shorter, and we wouldn't miss anything. Oh, well. I'll take what I can get, I guess.

4. greg curtis

greg curtis New Member

I'll second that.

5. justonemoretank

justonemoretank New Member

HA HA HA!!! I watched the catfish in Germany one last night, and the host called the catfish's barbels "tentacles!" It seems that he could have at least taken a "Catfish Anatomy 101" course before he did a million shows on catfish. I'm starting to think I won't take what I can get. Besides, I have my own monster fishes to study!