1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Rooting Asian Ambulia

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by eeyipes, Jul 20, 2008.

1. eeyipes

eeyipes Thread Starter New Member

Rooting Asian Ambulia
    I just received some asian ambulia and I'm trying to get it to root into the gravel, but it keeps coming loose and floating away. I have the shoots wedged between some rocks to try to keep them down but it's not working so great. I don't have any lead anchors, and besides, I worry about the lead in the water. Any ideas?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Is it possible to gently tie it down ?

3. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

get a quarter size rock and some fishing string , tie it to the rock and cover the roots and rock with what ever you have on the bottom of your tank

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm
    I have had L. Sessliflora in my tanks for years. first off what type of substrate are you using? This is easier with sand but will work with gravel too. Hold the bottom of the stem with your hand and push your fingers into the substrate, making a sort of hole. Then as you move your fingeers back out of the substrate it should fill in by itself holding on to the plant. Good luck:)

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Yep, it needs to be planted in patches and with the method above will root just fine. I use my fingers to get some gravel on top like you do when you mound plants in a garden.

I started with 10 stems and have well over 100 now.