1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Saltwater Tank Ideas

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by Anthony, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Does this look like it should ? Minus all the water in the chamber. :)
    IMG_8720.jpg

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

adjust it so there's only foam in that second chamber.

3. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

pods look like lil' white bugs....when you see it you'll know.

4. Anthony

Okay, done.
    I only checked to make sure the bags didn't have brown algae in them. I'll keep that in mind for next time though.

I'm getting ready to run to town and get a few things I forgot that I'd need and maybe get a fish or two and a crab.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Bout time you got some fish! Created a fish forum w/o a single tank lol. :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Don't you think you should cycle the tank first before you start adding fish? I'm a fan of fishless cycling myself. Usually you don't add fish before you add live rock as well.

7. Anthony

Bio-Spira :D I got 3 damsels for now. I'll probably return them in a few weeks. I got two domino's and a 4 stripe.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ugh BioSpira, I hate that stuff!

And you had better return them, those are the most aggressive damsels you can get :)

When are you going to get lr? I'd get it soon as sometimes it messes up the cycle because of a large amount of die off.

9. Anthony

Got two pieces today. A piece of fiji and a piece of something that looks like a Christmas tree.

10. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

yeah anthony....i think you should've added the live rock first then waited until it cycled first....then added 1 fish instead of a couple.

11. Anthony

Here's a picture of my 4 stripe damsel. The other guys are hiding. My water's still a bit cloudy from adding more sand a bit ago but it's clearing up.

Bio-Spira eliminates the cycling process.

12. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

ilike that christmas tree rock.....very nice....that damsel is going to give you crazy problems when he gets bigger though so i would return him in a couple of days......

13. Anthony

Thanks. My piece of Fiji rock is pretty nice, I think. It has a lot of purple in it.

Yeah, I plan on returning him in a few days. The two domino's I'll probably keep a bit longer. They're about the size of a quarter. I won't be keeping them for long though.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Looking good! ;)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

That piece of rock is dead coral. If it was in a tank with real lr I'm sure it has some living creatures on it but its not actually rock.

16. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

i know that it's dead coral but i believe i seen some rock on the back end of the same piece

17. Anthony

Yeah, it's dead coral but it was in was in with all the other rock. She said this piece had actually been in the tank several months.

18. Anthony

As soon as my tank clears up from the stuff I just added I'll be posting some pictures.

I've been working on adjusting my pH. I finally got it up to 8.3 today. Everything else (ammonia, and nitrite) are reading 0. I think the nitrate was a bit above 0 but it's hard to tell with the color thing. It was definitely below 5ppm. With those readings I'd say the tank's cycled. :D

I bought a bag or Seachem Purgen today too. I've been wanting to try it but never got around to ordering it online. For 12 bucks for a little bitty bag it better work well. LoL